Sunday, May 11, 2008

They're off!

Yesterday, the Brigade took off from Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. Thanks to the GPS live tracking, I could see that they had gone down the river. see http://www.2008thompsonbrigade.com/ and click on the Live Tracking "Click Here" spot to see for yourself. It was slow on my computer.

I could see that some of the canoes were behind the others. Later in the day I could see that one finished well ahead of the others, getting back to camp in good time.

Not all seemed quite right though. Even at dark, there were some "canoes" still on the river. I wondered whether the technology was working properly, as I can't imagine any of them still out there. Or, maybe some of them decided to camp along the river.

It was exciting to remember the spots they are in--I've paddled them many times--and imagine the scene. Six canoes with 6-10 people in each, plus a driver and the canoe trailers. And the tents for that many people. And all the confusion of trying to get that many people going at once.

I can't wait to hear the real story!

No comments: